We are looking for a supremely talented developer with strong experience working in the React Ecosystem and genuinely excited about being one of the first 6 employees in a company which is disrupting both the language learning and music industries.
Lirica is a new mobile app which teaches languages through the engaging and memorable power of music. With initial backing from Sony Music, we have developed the first version and have access to their superstar artists.
The founding team has a strong mix of music, education, entrepreneurial and development experience and have come very far in a short space of time:
● In June 2018 we won the most prestigious music startup competition in the world at MIDEM in Cannes
● In July 2018 we released our mobile app teaching Spanish and we already have engagement metrics which outperform other language learning apps
● Recognised as a “Hidden Gem” within Google Play’s “Best Apps of 2018”
With our new funding round we are optimising the Spanish learning app and extending to additional languages and markets.
● 1+ years experience of frontend web development, and 1+ years experience building responsive user interfaces using React and related libraries (Redux, MobX, React-router). You use standards-compliant, accessible markup and modern CSS syntax.
● 1+ years experience of mobile app development in iOS and / or Android using Xcode or Android Studio.
In both cases, you must:
● have an interest and track record of developing production level apps in React Native.
● take pride in writing successful unit and integration tests for both the front- and back-end.
● 1+ years of experience as a software developer.
● Some domain knowledge and experience working with React.
● Some experience working full-time with React Native.
● Experience with Git and code collaboration in teams.
● The ability to learn quickly.
● Familiarity with design patterns, data structures, and algorithms.
● Some experience with iOS (ObjC, Swift) or Android (Java, Kotlin) native development.
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements above please still get in touch, we value character, passion and talent just as much as experience!
It’s not necessary but hopefully you also have a passion for languages and / or music!
● Competitive salary
● Equity options
● Quality office space in Shoreditch, London
● Fun team!
Please e-mail the CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org with your C.V. and why you think you would be a good fit for the role.